About Martina Ehrenborg
Martina Ehrenborg is a figurative and abstract aquarelle painter from Gothenburg, Sweden. Her artworks can be found in private collections in countries around the world.
Martina Ehrenborg has, beside her art career, also been a digital artist and sculptor for many years. In New Zealand for instance, she worked for filmmaker Peter Jackson. While there, painting textures for animated characters in feature films such as The Hobbit, Hunger Games and Planet of the Apes. Martina Ehrenborg thinks that working with visual effects was an amazing experience and she loved being part of big productions. With that said, creating her own art and being able to paint whatever is in her mind is a dream that she has always had.
Martina Ehrenborg gets her inspiration from her inner feelings, energy and movement, human shapes, nature, the sea and the specific feeling of being under water.
Martina Ehrenborg has a special way of seeing the world. She sees the world in colours, like an inner canvas in her mind. She sees letters, numbers, days, weeks, time, music and feelings in different colors and shapes. As an example, for her the letter M is always yellow, Tuesday is white, August is red, the number 8 is black. This way of seeing the world is called Synesthesia, and it is caused by a genetic mutation that leads to stronger connections between certain parts of the brain.
People with this condition experience unusual associations and a sort of “crossing” of the senses. Ehrenborg sees her synesthesia as a gift. Like an additional “hidden” sense that she does not want to live without. She believes it gives her a lot of inspiration and ideas. She paints what she feels and what she sees in her mind. With her paintings, she hopes to affect people. And that they will get a strong impression, or maybe a mix of feelings and emotions that cannot easily be described in words.
– 2002-2005, a BA in “3D Animation, Art and Film”, University of Trollhättan/Uddevalla.
– 2023 Mötesplats Trädgård Långedrag -June
– 2023 Qpix Gothenburg -ongoing
– 2023 Konstkuppen Gothenburg- June
– 2023 Galleri Egnell
– 2023 Gallery Interart x NAH, Gothenburg
– 2022 Volvo Headquarters, Gothenburg, (Sept, Oct, Nov)
– 2022 Artist Arena, Stockholm
– 2022 Affordable Art Fair, Stockholm
– 2021 International Contemporary Exhibition “Paraíso” M.A.D.S. Art Gallery, Milan and Fuerteventura.
– 2012, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (texture artist: WETA Digital)
– 2013, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (texture artist: Weta Digital),
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (lead texture artist: Weta Digital),
Iron Man 3 (digital effects crew: Weta Digital)
– 2014, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (senior texture artist: Weta Digital),
Fast and the furious 7 (senior texture artist: Weta Digital),
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (senior texture artist: Weta Digital),
Godzilla (senior texture artist: Weta Digital)